Thursday, January 25, 2007

A is for God Awful.

So, underneath all the anxiety and strange feelings and anger - there are three more days at work - so much I wish I'd done - I wish I'd completely re-organised the filing system for example - I think my fears are mainly that it won't end. That somehow it will go on. All that anguish and unfairness and callous stupidity. And of course it will.
My mother said something kind to us on the telephone. We'd lamented the repetition, fearing it was us. You know - as in 'the only thing all your dysfunctional relationships have in common is YOU' slap-in-the-face school of wisdom. And Mum said that there were many things in common between my old workplace anguish and this latest bout of workplace anguish that had nothing to do with me, and that those factors in a workplace inevitably lead to unreasonable expectations and blame. There's some truth in that.
But why does it have to be so?
How could I have got out of there with some grace?
Have I got out with some grace?

3 Comments:

Blogger emmajeans said...

grace is overrated.
>:)

6:00 PM  
Blogger Lyria Lin said...

At least you got out :)

9:15 AM  
Blogger Polysemous said...

thank you both.
:)

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home