Sunday, June 04, 2006

Truth (control v) telling.

It's easy to be sincere. But it's hard to know the truth.

We've been working with inks at our Wednesday night art classes. The Chinese brush strokes. An artist must be confident. There's no possibility of painting over it or concealing mistakes. An artist must be able to accept the truth of the ink as it has recorded its life on the page.

I like it.
I like this quote. I took it from an old email that Wes sent me.

"When others asked the truth of me, I was convinced it was not the truth they wanted, but an illusion they could bear to live with."
November, 1933 from The Diary of Anaïs Nin, Volume One 1931-1934

This is Calypso here.

1 Comments:

Blogger moreheads said...

It's a good and true quote. Ravin

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home